Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funclown View Post
    Lol. Arent u doing men?
    Pat, you have a customer. Put your robe on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
      And we happen to have an opening....
      Not to disrespect Brandon, but if the idea is to give Maine someone with experience that can handle the team, I don't see how a rookie would accomplish that.

I like that Brandon is checking out things and being active. I hope he buys the game and learns it. I want to say I hope he can join the league some day, but I also hope we don't lose any of our existing owners. Things happen though.
      Denver Bulls

Comment

I agree with this. It's a tough game to learn. I'm still learning...and it shows.

Comment

K, let's check the waiting list....

We all start out new at some point. I don't know if Brandon's looking to join or not, but I'd hope we'd take someone that's serious about being here. I'm sure if he's showing interest it's also being explained to him that we're a very dedicated group. The majority of us give this game and league a lot of attention.

With that said, there's lot of owners in this league that pay no mind to their minors unless there's a prospect there they want to cater to. I was amazed today when I checked and saw that a lot of owners, that are very active on these forums and with their big league club, didn't give two shits about anything other than that.

We all view the game differently, I understand that. But who are we to criticize someone that's interested in joining when we have more than a handful that only give attention to a certain portion of their organization? Just sayin'....
          Last edited by Sully; 01-19-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I already talked to Dook (Brandon) and he knows where we stand. He won't be taking Maine.
            The Great One!

To many rings to count...

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
              But who are we to criticize someone that's interested in joining when we have more than a handful that only give attention to a certain portion of their organization? Just sayin'....
              No one is criticizing Brandon, Sully. I only said he would be a rookie to the game. Make what you want from that statement but there's enough proof in this league what that means to a franchise for a number of years.

Also I do know who we are. We are the 23 owners that run teams in the league and want to ensure the league maintains a high standard in both ownership and organization. We have all spoken before regarding various owners (those that were in position and those potentially in position). We are exactly the people that should be deciding who joins and how.

The comment regarding minors is irrelevant as those owners are already here, already running teams. They know how much attention they put into their teams. I don't think it's that hard to see which teams get the most attention. But people have lives and many just enjoy being a part of a league so I would never criticize them for choosing to run their organization however they want.

However, let's assume that the half assed attempt to run a minor league team is hurting the league, how is that a good argument to support a newcomer? We don't know what attention he will give the league or his own team and wouldn't it make more sense to find someone with experience that takes careful attention in all aspects of his franchise so that we can avoid repeating mistakes?

Finally, I love you.

Sent from my mobile device.
              Denver Bulls

Comment

We don't know some OOTP vet will be here for the long haul either. We've had a few over the years pop in, and abruptly leave.

I'm not speaking about Brandon, just speaking about any potential new owners. I do agree we should hold everyone to high expectations, but I think limiting our search to someone that's played the game before isn't always the best case. When this league started, I'd say at least 90% of us were new to the series. All it takes is someone that knows sports to get up to speed. The most difficult thing about this game is the UI. I don't put much thought into certain ratings, stats, strategies, etc. I've managed to do well over the years. That stuff isn't mandatory to be able to manage a franchise successfully. I'm sure it helps in some regard, but it isn't mandatory.

With that said, there aren't many people here that wouldn't help another owner out with any questions they may have. I'd rather have someone that wants to learn the game and be a part of the community, than someone that treats this league like one of the other five they are in and spends very little time with his team or on the boards.

So, I'm glad Clay is being selective, but I just hope we're not looking for some OOTP god of 5 years to come waltzing in and give us all a boner (well, Pat probably is).

Oh, love you too. Pilsner still sucks.
                Last edited by Sully; 01-20-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Awe, I feel loved.

Like Clay said, we spoke about it and right now is not the right time for me to join the BLB.

I defiantly didn't want to be the guy to come in, give it a go for a month or two and then say, it's not for me. With me being new to the series (I don't even own OOTP 11 yet and may wait until 12 comes out) I'm sure there is a huge learning curve and taking over a great franchise like Maine, probably wouldn't be a good idea.

I'll eventually buy a version of OOTP, play some SP, maybe join a league not as dedicated as the BLB and get my feet wet and then in the future, if I'm giving a chance to join, then great. If not, that's okay too. I'll continue to read and follow along.

I apprecaite the feedback and in no way did I feel disrespected.
                  OSNFL - Boston Fighting Irish
                  NCFA - Baylor Bears

Comment

Working...
                  X