This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BDub View Post
    His videos are phenomenal. Some of the best OOTP vids out there.

Comment

• OOTP videos?

Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
      Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
      Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

• If you enter the week with a roster of 24/25, but plenty of players to fill each position that you want, will the AI try to fill it? If so, how to stop it?
        Columbus Catfish (2020-2030 & 2036-2038)
        Huntsville Bulldogs (2043-present)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemesis
          If you enter the week with a roster of 24/25, but plenty of players to fill each position that you want, will the AI try to fill it? If so, how to stop it?
          Where are these plenty of players?

The AI doesn't promote guys for you unless you changed your settings to allow it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Denver Bulls

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlos View Post
            Where are these plenty of players?
            Ok, perfect. I'll double check but that shouldn't be the case with me, I turned it off because I wanted full control of everything.

The players are just 1 of each position on the roster, even though they may not be starting at that spot. That's what I meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemesis

Ok, perfect. I'll double check but that shouldn't be the case with me, I turned it off because I wanted full control of everything.

The players are just 1 of each position on the roster, even though they may not be starting at that spot. That's what I meant.
              Ah, your depth chart.

What do you want happening and what is happening?

Denver Bulls

Comment

Ah, your depth chart.

What do you want happening and what is happening?

I just want to go into the week with 24/25 players on my MLB roster, and exit the week without the AI making adjustments. :)

Comment

• Questions for my sabermetric enthusiasts. How do you compare pitchers' performances in high leverage situations? In other words, how do i KNOW that a pitcher is doing well (or poorly) in those situations?

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
                  - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
                  - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
                  - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

• Originally posted by Delandis View Post
                    Questions for my sabermetric enthusiasts. How do you compare pitchers' performances in high leverage situations? In other words, how do i KNOW that a pitcher is doing well (or poorly) in those situations?
                    In OOTP, your best bet is visiting the Opponents Batting Splits tab and scrolling down to the bottom, where you can see the splits for different leverage situations.
                    Maine Guides
                    General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
                    Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
                    Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
                    Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
                    8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
                    30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

• It's also a weird thing because how can a guy prove he's effective in high leverage if I don't use him in high leverage.

I've gone the route of putting my most reliable arm in high leverage situations and using low for guys that are struggling or young and need time to develop.

Denver Bulls

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLetterZ View Post

In OOTP, your best bet is visiting the Opponents Batting Splits tab and scrolling down to the bottom, where you can see the splits for different leverage situations.
                        Thanks. I didn't think about that.

I'll go take a look and see if there is any rhyme or reason why my manager keeps wanting to put Johnstone as a setup guy with a secondary high leverage role.

- Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16

Comment

• Do managers usually use starters in relief in short series like the WC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Delandis
                            Do managers usually use starters in relief in short series like the WC?
                            They can.

There's an option to use starters in relief.

Denver Bulls

Comment

• Originally posted by Delandis View Post
                              Do managers usually use starters in relief in short series like the WC?
                              I do it.
                              Miami Sharks (BLB)
                              * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
                              * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

They can.

There's an option to use starters in relief.

Yea. I did it last year and it cost me the series. I guess I probably should just chalk it up to Blick still being young.

I was asking more about if it is common practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X