Clear All

• #GroupLove

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Miami Sharks (BLB)
    * BLB Champions --> 2017, 2020.

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)
    * OSFL Bowl CHAMPION > 2036, 2047.

Comment

• Any thoughts on how to safely rehab a guy when there are no minor league games left?

Baltimore Bulldogs - BLB since '84
      - Porter Champs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12
      - Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
      - Brewmaster's Cup: '01

Comment

• Originally posted by Delandis View Post
        Any thoughts on how to safely rehab a guy when there are no minor league games left?
        Nichol? He can't hit anyway. I'd just plop him back in center field against RHP and not expect him to get any hits the way he usually doesn't. Most of the time it's better to rip the bandaid off.

(And I like Nichol. Just saying. Dude doesn't hit.)
        Maine Guides
        General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
        Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
        Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
        Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
        8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
        30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

• Originally posted by Delandis
          Any thoughts on how to safely rehab a guy when there are no minor league games left?
          What about as a PH / PR or Defensive replacement? It will give him playing time without exposing him too much... Then gradually one start, two starts... During 4 weeks?

Miami Sharks (BLB)

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)

Comment

• No Nichol is still hurt and I wouldn't be worried about a short term injury like that.

I'm worried about Jimmy Cooper (SP). He comes off the DL this week and no minor leagues to rehab in. It was a 3 month forearm strain (not sure why it took 3 months to heal). Think I should just put him in the 'pen for the rest of the year?

- Playoffs: '92, '93, '97, '98, '99, '01, '03, '06, '08, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16

Comment

• Originally posted by Delandis
              No Nichol is still hurt and I wouldn't be worried about a short term injury like that.

I'm worried about Jimmy Cooper (SP). He comes off the DL this week and no minor leagues to rehab in. It was a 3 month forearm strain (not sure why it took 3 months to heal). Think I should just put him in the 'pen for the rest of the year?
              MR / LR then... until his performance goes back to normal... Then #5, #4 and so on I would say

Miami Sharks (BLB)

Ohio River Sharks (OSFL)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkn20 View Post
                MR / LR then... until his performance goes back to normal... Then #5, #4 and so on I would say
                The oracle has spoken.
                Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

• If in one week you absolutely need him to pitch and 75% of him is better than whoever you're throwing out there, I would just start him.

I may or may not regret saying this.
                  Denver Bulls

Comment

• I would start Cooper with a pitch count of 75 for his first two or three starts. He should be able to handle a couple trips through the lineup. See if you can schedule him for a couple of the more lightweight offenses you have coming up on your schedule. My concern with putting him in the bullpen instead is it might take too long for him to get the reps needed to shake off the rust.
                    Maine Guides
                    General Manager: 1994-2032, 2049-Pres.
                    Ale Division Champions: 2000, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2053
                    Domestic League Champions: 2006, 2011, 2018, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2052
                    Brewmaster's Cup Champions: 2006, 2018, 2028, 2031
                    8 Bermeo | 9 Hiraki | 10 Davila | 15 Kubota | 17 O'Moore | 18 Sanchez | 21 Cleary | 26 Memmoli
                    30 Suarez | 32 Gutierrez | 34 Suarez | 45 Corrigan | 47 Hernandez | 66 Alvarez

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLetterZ View Post
                      I would start Cooper with a pitch count of 75 for his first two or three starts. He should be able to handle a couple trips through the lineup. See if you can schedule him for a couple of the more lightweight offenses you have coming up on your schedule. My concern with putting him in the bullpen instead is it might take too long for him to get the reps needed to shake off the rust.
                      Good idea. Time to get back to 7 day lineups.

Comment

• Fan interest.... ticket prices... attendance.... popular players..

From the way I understand the graphs and turnouts, Seattle is now only getting fans in the stands who are season ticket holders. For the past few series, no one has actually been buying new tickets. I recently signed a bunch of "Popular" players that I have added to the active roster for September in my file with the hopes it would get some fans in the gate...however, my fan interest has not moved. I had the idea to adjust my ticket prices down to say $5 or something, from the mid-teens they are at now in hopes that at least a few non-season ticket holders would attend the game for cheap. However, when I do lower the ticket price, my projected yearly revenue drops about $1,000,000 for the season. I'm still going to try lowering ticket prices in hopes that it works but I really don't understand this new system. Are the season tickets already purchased at the Opening Day price? or by lowering it, is that why my projected gate revenue drops?

Not sure if anyone has recommendations here. I'm sure this is most GMs first season with OOTP17.
                        Wilmington Wildcats- 2057-
                        Seattle Pilots- 2017-2041
                        Washington Bats - 1979-2013

Comment

• I don't know anything for sure of course.

But, I'm thinking that it was a conscious decision to change how individual popularity effects fan interest. From the small sample size that I've seen in Baltimore, I think that individual popularity is now a modifier of the acceleration at which fan interest increases rather than just a flat increase. I think winning is the direct modifier to raising fan interest and attendance.

I haven't played with ticket prices in-season yet, so nothing there from me.
                          Last edited by Delandis; 03-18-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat
                            Fan interest.... ticket prices... attendance.... popular players..

From the way I understand the graphs and turnouts, Seattle is now only getting fans in the stands who are season ticket holders. For the past few series, no one has actually been buying new tickets. I recently signed a bunch of "Popular" players that I have added to the active roster for September in my file with the hopes it would get some fans in the gate...however, my fan interest has not moved. I had the idea to adjust my ticket prices down to say $5 or something, from the mid-teens they are at now in hopes that at least a few non-season ticket holders would attend the game for cheap. However, when I do lower the ticket price, my projected yearly revenue drops about $1,000,000 for the season. I'm still going to try lowering ticket prices in hopes that it works but I really don't understand this new system. Are the season tickets already purchased at the Opening Day price? or by lowering it, is that why my projected gate revenue drops?

Not sure if anyone has recommendations here. I'm sure this is most GMs first season with OOTP17.
                            From what I've read, season tickets are an automatic number of Attendees at the price set before the start of the season (when they are sold).

Any changes to ticket prices are based on tickets sold after you've surpassed the season ticket total per game.

However - and this is very important to note - tickers sold at a game is independent of everything but current performance. In other words, the game doesn't care about anything but how many tickets would have been sold on that date independent of how many have been sold prior to it.

If the game determines you would have had 20,000 people at the game, it will set attendance at 20,000, then it will apply the ticket price to the number of Attendees above the number of season tickets sold.

If it determines that 6,000 people would have showed up, and you've already sold 10,000 tickets for the game, you will have an attendance of 10,000 and make zero extra dollars for the game.
                            Denver Bulls

Comment

• Any good resources to read about finances in this game? I'm a fucking moron when it comes to it. Apparently finances matter.
                              Columbus Catfish (2020-2030 & 2036-2038)
                              Huntsville Bulldogs (2043-present)

Comment

• Hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/LXBNSTrm9cs

Comment

Working...
                                X